Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Helping Others By Jill Ann Bromwich

I was watching a video today of an individual whom I have incredible respect for and admiration.

He manages a large group of people and has a very high profile position in the army. I was watching a video of him talking with young students. Now aside from him having an important position, he took the time out of his busy day to talk to students. This made me even more impressed.

As a teacher myself, I have incredible respect for children and anyone who chooses to help them in any way. So this man spoke to the class and taught them about leadership, values and things that are really important in life.

He mentioned how important it is to be able to work as a team. This is so true, it is important to be able to put aside your own wishes to be able to work with others and help out each other. Each person in the team is important in order to accomplish certain tasks.

Although we like to think we can do it all on our own, we do need people to rely on, to help us and to succceed as a whole.

But one of the most important things this person spoke about was helping others. The best part of being a leader is taking care of people, he said. This is so true. We need to take care of each other, be supportive and help each other.

An example of leaders are teachers. They are leaders and are responsible to take care of their students. They help people every single day.

As a teacher myself and an online coach I completely agree...the most important part of being a leader is taking care of people and helping others.

So be sure to ask for help from me anytime and if you would like to learn more about coaching or being a coach, please visit: http://www.coachingwithjill.com

Sincerely, Jill

1 comment: